Tuesday, March 30, 2010

April 2010 Dinner Plans

Note: Until I make the meal I'm going to link to the site where I got the recipe/idea from. I'll post my version and/or comments after I've made the meal.

Fish in a Packet
Chicken and Dumplings (for my husband's birthday...not Endo diet friendly...I'm having leftover fish)

Easter Dinner:
 Crockpot Easter Lamb
 Mashed Potatoes (with olive oil instead of butter and almond milk instead of regular milk)
 Broccoli in Coconut Milk (with almonds for me and cheese for my husband)

Crockpot Pesto Chicken and Sweet Potatoes-Endo Diet Friendly version
Meatloaf and Meatloaf- Endo Diet Friendly Version (I'm making a regular one for my husband and an Endo diet friendly one for me)
Pina Colada Shrimp
Chicken in Almond Butter Satay Sauce
Crockpot Acorn Squash Stuffed with Turkey, Apple, Cranberries and Pecans
Enchiladas in Green Sauce
Spaghetti and Meatballs (beef for my husband and turkey Endo Diet friendly for me)

1 comment:

... said...

Baked Oatmeal (aka Oatmeal Cake)
You can change anything about this. If you like it sweeter, add more sweetener. Change the spices/fruit/nuts if you like or add more if you want more fruit. I’ve left out the milk before, but never the yogurt and eggs, so I have no idea how to make it dairy free:


2 cups regular rolled oats
6 to 8 oz of any flavored yogurt
1 cup of warm water
½ cup sweetner (you choose based on your diet: brown/white sugar, splenda, honey, maple syrup)
¼ cup applesauce (this is in lieu of oil, which you could use if you wanted a higher fat content.)
2 eggs (or substitute), well beaten
½ Tablespoon Cinnamon
½ Tablespoon baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup chopped fruit (cut up apples, bananas, frozen blueberries, . . . all work great; or you could do about ½ cup of dried fruit)
Nuts if you would like (I’ve sprinkled almonds, walnuts, & pecans in it before)
½ cup of milk (can add more if you like a more custard texture instead of cake texture)

1. Mix oatmeal, yogurt & water. Leave out on the counter for several hours or overnight
(I actually skip the leaving it out & just mix it all together at once. I am scared of leaving dairy out despite being told it is safe, but it is supposed to be good for digestive health).
2. Add in remaining ingredients and combine.
3. Pour into a 2 quart (4x4) glass casserole dish that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Can be eaten warm or cold. You can also double the recipe for a 9 x 13 pan, but use a BIG bowl when mixing.